Who We Are
The Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to coordinating the development of the local agri-food sector in Eastern Ontario and fostering dialogue between its members and partners.
The EOAN operates in Prescott-Russell, Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry, Cornwall, and the Ontario portion of Akwesasne.
The EOAN’s mission is to support the success of producers of local food, beverages and original agricultural products in Eastern Ontario.
The EOAN’s vision is a level playing field for local and small agri-food producers in Eastern Ontario in their efforts to create economic, social, and environmental growth in the region.
Our pillars and objectives:
Increase the production, marketing, and consumption of local food products by connecting consumers directly to producers through events, programs and online channels.
Provide support, training, and tools to local agri-food producers, businesses, and operations. Connect food producers, the local food value chain, and agri-food stakeholders for collective action and problem solving.
Understand the needs and represent the broad agri-food sector in the region on matters of public policy, regulatory affairs, sector development.
Current Board of Directors
The Officers of the Corporation
- Co-President – Sylviane Dutrisac, Ferme Butte et Bine, Williamstown ON.
- Co-President – Nathalie Bercier-Gauthier, Café sur la rive, Plantagenet ON.
- Vice-President – Robert Poirier, Les fruits du poirier, St. Eugène ON.
- Treasurer – Christine Bonneau-O’Neill, L’Orignal Packing Ltd, L’Orignal ON, 613-324-2821.
- Secretary and Executive Director (non voting) – Louis Béland, Folio5, Wendover ON. 613-606-2001
- The United Counties of Prescott-Russell – Genevieve Lajoie – Mayor, Municipality of Casselman.
- The United Counties of Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry – Carma Williams, Warden of Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry.
- The City of Cornwall – Sarah Good – Councillor, City of Cornwall.
- The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Chief Dwayne Thomas.
- Kathy Chaumont, St. Eugène ON.
- Adrien Quenneville – Black Duck Farm, North Lancaster ON.
- Janie Myner – singer and songwriter, Alfred ON.
- Reine Quenneville – GoFM 92.1, Casselman ON.
Louis Béland, Executive Director
Louis Béland is an entrepreneur focused on helping others follow their dreams. Raised in an entrepreneurial family and immersed in the community from a young age, Louis’s passion naturally rests in igniting the same enthusiasm for business in others and creating opportunities for budding entrepreneurs. Louis has ventured into many different business sectors, including media production, an integrations startup in New Zealand, and an artisanal roastery and coffee shop for which he earned himself Young Entrepreneur awards two years in a row.
From start-ups to succession planning, from public speaking to mentoring and coaching, Louis loves sharing his experience and passion with anyone who will listen. His most recent successes came as a regional director for the Société économique de l’Ontario where he led youth initiatives and entrepreneurial support initiatives for the francophone communities of Ontario, as well as building the largest GrowthWheel certified business advisors team in Canada, a team specialized in helping business owners make the best possible decisions.
You will now find him spearheading workforce development projects and agrifood initiatives with the Eastern Ontario Training Board and the Eastern Ontario Agri-Food Network, combining his expertise and passion to help communities throughout Eastern Ontario.
Juliette Ozorak, Member Services Coordinator
Juliette Ozorak is a graduate from Algonquin College’s Tourism Travel Services and Event Management Programs. She loves to plan the EOAN’s events and make sure members are getting all they can out of their memberships. She is dedicated to the growth of her community and its small local businesses. She has learnt that there is a lot more to see in Eastern Ontario than meets the eye, at first glance, and she strives to spread this awareness to other locals for them to find the beauty in the world around them. She enjoys seeing the collaboration between members and new relationships form between them.